Monday, April 21, 2008

Live Theatre is Great!



Something unexpected happened during Saturday night's preformance of SPRING INTO BROADWAY. This video shows the transession between the songs, "Next to Loving" and "I Can Hear the Bells," my song. What was supposed to happen is that Charles and I would bump into each other and then I would sing about literally falling in love with him. Well, as you can see by the video, things didn't go according to plan.

The sound isn't very good, so I'll tell you what was said. I said, "Owe!" and the Charles said, "What do we do?" I said, "Ripe it out," Then Jen R came over to help. The hair was not removed so Charles ad-libbed, "will you still go out with me?" Then Kenny said, "Does anyone have any Mannyounas?" Fune then yells, "Mama," to my mother and director watching (and crying from laugher) in the audience. My hair is finally un-tangled and Charles says, "Sorry little lady," and leaves as I say, "It's okay," as I rub my head.
It was a crazy moment for all of us on stage. I really don't know how the audience felt. It wasn't until the song was half over before I could stop laughing.

No comments: