Monday, February 9, 2009

He's Here!!!!! Finally!

Join with me in welcoming to earth from God's arms:
Valin Kade Waite


He was born Feburary 6th at 3:14 pm, 7.7 pounds and 20 1/2 inches long.

I started to get contractions about 7:30 that morning and after like two, me water partially broke. After that they started coming less then 5 minutes apart and pretty darn intense. I was getting labor shakes and pretty nausea. At about 9:00 we got to the hospital around 10:00. By the time I got up stairs, I was in pain and just wanted an epidural. After the usual paper work, Patxi and mom joined me just in time to catch my vomit. Than they wheeled me into a room, and by that time I was having contractions about 1-2 minutes apart lasting 1-2 mintues. They checked me and I was already diliatled to a 5 and totally efaced. At this point all I wanted was an epidural. Every contraction I would moan "epidural!" while trying to relax, of course. It took about an hour before I had enough fluids to see the anesthesialogist. After that miracle worker, I was the happiest person in the world! I was actually able to sleep and rest. Oh, it was great! so then around 2:00 they checked me agian and I was fully dialated. Patxi was at class so I texted him to get out. So then I started to push around 2:50 and had him at 3:14. I torn in two different places, but besides that everything went very well. Patxi held my lag and helped me so much. His encouragment meant so much more than any thing the midwife could say.

So now enjoy the rest of the pictures from the hospital.







11 comments:

The Laws said...

Congratulations Waite family!!! He is so cute!! I wish we could see him in person!! Can't wait for more pictures!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Congratulations!!! He's beautiful! Your mom looks like she's in Heaven! :) What an exciting time for you all!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations Jess...You and Patxi do great work!!!

I'm so happy for you guys, and love you tons!!!

Educator and Such said...

Wow look at little guy...how awesome jessy!! I love seeing this little joy!! I love ya sis! You are so awesome.

Kylee said...

Congrats you guys he is adorable! I was in tears looking at the picture always takes me back to having Greg. You didn't have to push that long, which is amazing. I only pushed for ten minutes..so we are lucky! Glad that you didn't tear to much, I tore about the same.
He is so cute. Enjoy while they are small it really does go by so fast. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man. Congratulations Jess!

Beck said...

Wow! I can't believe you're a mommy! He is, of course, adorable! Congratulations, and I know you're going to be great parents. :)

The Short Family said...

Jessica! He is so cute! I love his name. Congratulations!

Gail said...

Great work new Mommy and Daddy!! He's adorable!

Brittney said...

He looks just like his daddy. :) Love you and I'm so excited to meet your baby boy!

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Ohhhh! SO ADORABLE!!! Jess & Patxi, congratulations! He looks perfect. Call me when you get settled and are in to a routine. We'd love to see you guys. Please be in touch and let us know when you may be visiting La Grande. Enjoy every minute... I know you will!
Lots of Love from Brooklynn, Parker, Jackson & Baby Kate