Sunday, October 24, 2010

So...here is a short update on this month


 Have you ever heard of the saying, "When it rains, it pours," because the author must of had me in mind when that phrase was created.  First off, my husband's deployed, so that leaves me as a single parent with two children under the age of two.  Then during the first weekend of the October, I decided that the best thing for me was to move from my in-laws, to a place of my own.  So in comes the stress from moving.  After about three days of living in the apartment I found in La Grande, I realize that it's not going to work.  Valin's bedroom is separated from the rest of the apartment and there's something in here that I'm allergic to because I have to use my inhaler more often.  So I stopped unpacking and started looking for another place.  Then this weekend, while my grandparents were up for a visit, my cold turns nasty and travels down to my lungs.  I was having a heck of a time breathing, even while using my inhaler.  After talking to my family physician, he deemed it something like bronchitis. Then, to tip it off, my milk supply, for nursing my two month old, started to dry up.  I'd try to nurse her but she couldn't get enough to satisfy her hunger, and what I do get out, is from an hour of much effort.  So I decide to bottle feed her, after a huge inter struggle with myself.  Of course, she doesn't like the taste of formula (who does? especially if it taste anything like it smells), but I force it down her throat, all the while wondering if I made the right decision.
     So here I sit, wondering when things were going to calm down.

5 comments:

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Man things sound rough! I wish there is something we could do to help. You are so brave. Hang in there the rain always stops sometime.

Brittney said...

aww jess it gets better. we are coming this weekend so we need to hang out. come trick or treating with us on saturday.

gwen said...

Your lot can't be easy! Under the circumstances, I would, no doubt, shed lots of tears! Call me. Maybe if Ron is home, we can take the kids for a little while to give you some relief. I'm still recovering from back surgery, but Ron is grat with kids and I offer lots of toys and support!

Gail said...

Hey Jessica, hang in there - I've had two sisters go through deployments and they really relied on family - don't be afraid to do that! So glad to see you have two beautiful healthy babies too, what beauties!! Feel better soon :)

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Oooh!! I wish we were closer!! And about that formula... we should chat. It's not bad like apparently some people have made it out to you. My kids have all thrived on that "stuff". Sure, the "flavor" is probably an adjustment initially, but don't stress about that! You are absolutely amazing! Look at your children! You are so strong and able. Remember, Heavenly Father doesn't allow us to pass through things we cannot handle. Of course, some things we have to rely a lot more upon His power and peace to buoy us up. Keep enduring and try to enjoy all those little moments during the day with your beautiful kids! They are so worth every sacrifice. Hang in there! We love you!