Thursday, April 23, 2009

95...75...50...and rolling over!

Last week Valin went to his two month check up where he got his shots :( and the doctor told me how he was progressing. His head size is in the 95 percental, height: 75% and weight: 50%. the doctor wasn't worried about his weight because Valin has been gaining an ounce a day which is average. I had to come to grips with the fact that I wasn't going to have a chubby baby. There's no way that we are underfedding him. I practically shove the bottle in his mouth and make sure that we give him the bottle before anything else, but he is the one chooses to suck and swallow. He really never has been a big eater -which is a shock considering his parents -so I guess that's just how he is. He might be one of those people who's physical development is seconded to the development of his brain. He might just be the smartest kid around considering he's in the 95%. Who knows. No matter what, I'll love him whether he is an Enstien or Olympus.

Other than that, everything has been going great. I don't really know if you call the sounds he makes cooes because they have distinct consonant and vowel combinations. Since he was a month old he has been saying "Mum" though he doesn't connect it with me. He's been smiling since he was 6 weeks old but now they are more in response to what we do then just because he's content and sees one of us. Oh, yesterday I was changing his diaper and started to tickle his tummy and he started laughing, I mean laugh-out-loud, more-than-just-giggling laughing. He laugh so hard he gave himself hiccups. It is the cutiest, more rewarding sound in the world. I plan on getting it on video soon. Oh it is so cute!

Yesterday I had laid Valin on his back with some toys while I was in the kitchen. After a few minutes I heard him cry and came into the room. I found him on his stomach reaching for a toy I had laid to his right. He totally rolled over on his own and he's not even 3 months yet! I wonder if he knew what he was doing, probably not. Boy, is he growing up. This part is so much fun! I love every minute of being a mother, well almost every moment.

3 comments:

Denise Wheeler said...

It's so true, there is nothing like the joy of being a Mother! Can't wait for the viedo!

Kylee said...

Greg has always been very low in his percentile for his weight, but he eats likes crazy. So, I know what you mean when you say no chunky baby.
I love when they start to laugh. It is so much fun! Greg did the same thing when he first started to roll over. I left the room and he did it.
Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Mrs. Romriell said...

That is awesome Jessy!!! How cool is that!! I love ya and miss!