Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jabberwocky

My cute little one year old with his quick dimpled smile has suddenly turned into this jabbering Jabberwocky. We all know he's talking but we just don't know what he is saying. At lunch the other day he was just playing around with his tongue, moving it around in his mouth, when all of a sudden he giggles at himself. He repeats the last sound he made and giggles again. He then rapidly repeats that sound and I giggle with him. He was so proud at himself for making that cool new sound, it was hilarious. I use to put shoes on him so I could hear where he was in the house, but now I can hear him jabbering.

The different sounds are cute in themselves, but it's his inflection that cracks me up. This morning I went in to get him up and he said something in such a way that it sounded like, "Mom, where were you? I've been waiting." I've got a little sassy frass on my hands.

He also giggles whenever he gets what he wants. Whether it is fun, a treat, or chance to pet the dog. It really is the cutiest thing and really help with communtication. I always know if guess right.

Valin is also turning into a little pig. Finally. For those who haven't met him, he is my little light-weight. He will win the girls with his smile and fun personality and not his height. To put it differently, Patxi and I are breeding jockies or very short super-models. Anyway, I think he is going through a growth spurt or something because he will finish he own full peanut butter and jelly sandwich (without the crust of course), green beans, and peaches and still want bites of whatever I'm eating. I'm actually glad because maybe we'll be able to buy him a forward-facing car seat. Yup, he hasn't hit the 20 pound mark. All well, I'm just not destined to have a chubby baby. Life will go on.

Here are some cute picture of my Jabberwocky:

In Grandma's lion costume he brought to me.


He was helping with Dad and Grandpa build the tree house.


My Jabberwocky in action. He was calling down to me from the tree house.


It's spring so we had to be outside. Playing with some hoes




Playing with Grandma's dog Poppy.


Grandma and Grandpa have this barn set that miractiously Valin climbed into.




Hope everyone enjoyed this update on Valin as much as I did. Everything else is great here! The weather is geeting better and I'm getting excited about having our second child. We're having an ultrasound tuesday the 30th where we'll find out the baby's gender. I'm getting very excited.

2 comments:

Just me said...

Jessy, he has your smile! It's so stinkin' cute!!!

The Dahlins said...

Even though he is small he deffinetly is growing! Good luck with your ultrisound on tuesday!