Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Valin's cutiness

I love this stage Valin is in. He is doing things that make me laugh and places a warm spot in my heart. Anything from a quirky look he gives me to dancing with his box of rasins in Walmart. But the thing he did which made me just burst out laughing happend about a week ago. I was in the kicthen cleaning up after dinner and Valin was playing with Grandma's pots in the dinning room. I heard him wine from the other room and slowly come to investigate thinking he must have got the pot suck or something. But the next thing I see, is Valin with his bottom suck inside the pot.

Oh, it was the funniest thing. Luckily, Valin loves to be in on the joke, and laughed along with us while we grabed out cameras. It was one of those moments you turly cherish. Hilarious!

He is also starting to give hugs. I don't know if he decided to do it after he saw his cousin, Summer, do it. But on our car trip to southern Idaho last weekend, he loved to give Seren and me hugs. And I love to get them from him. I think our reaction does play a role in this decision. I also think he is a lot smarter then we some times give him credit for.

Patxi also tested Valin's navigation and memory skills today. Valin is, it sadly seems, addicted to sweets, and Grandma had M&Ms on the counter this morning. Of course he zero-in on them. But then Patxi took him down stairs and Valin, through grunts and pointing, would lead him back to the bowl of candy, time and time again -even from different spots in the house. We moved the bowl once, and though it throw him off, as soon as he spotted them again, he would lead whoever was holding him back to the bowl and give a triumpt laugh. My son is so smart! I just wish it was something like brocilli instead of candy. All well, my parents had to fight the same battle with me, so I guess it serves me right. He still is so cute!

1 comment:

Denise Wheeler said...

I've got the cutiest grandson in the world! Had to take a picture of him with my phone, so I can show every body. And of coruse Valin is smart look at his parnets! Can't wait till next week, when you come to LaGrande! I miss you guys!