Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We're sick, again

Well, just Valin really, but I've been suffering from stinking hayfever (or being allergic to the world) so it feels like I have a cold. It's one thing for me not being able to take anything to releave my symptoms (all I can take is Benodryol which knocks me out and I can't take care of Valin so I opt not to take anything), but I have to watch and listen to Valin coughing and feeling terrible and I can't do anything about it. I did move the humidifier to the place where he's playing so he gets some relief all day, not just in his room when he naps. I'm going to be so happy for this flu/cold season to be over with. It seems like kids spread sickness as easily as smiles. I guess, what gets me is that I really can't do anything about it! It must be one of those life-lessons I'm going to have to learn. I can't always be in control of everything. Huh, dang, that is too bad.

But anyway, I hope everyone is dealing with the cold season better than I am. Best wishes!

2 comments:

Denise Wheeler said...

I'm so sorry that Valin is sick again. I thought he was on so meds. Well, I guess that's what happens when there's a house full of kids-and he's not used to the grems. That poor little guy sure needs to fill better! Hope your feeling better soon honey! Love you! Take Care!

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Totally stinks to be sick, but nothing trumps sick kids. I'm sorry! How have you been feeling? I'm so excited for you guys to have 2 kids. It is a blast! Being a Mom is by far the best job out there!! Love to see you guys if you ever come back this way, let me know!