Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Please welcome...Boston Claire Waite!!!

So, to start off the story of Boston's arrival into our family, I have to say that my induction date finally arrived, though I was both excited and nervous.  We checked in at the hospital at 6:00 am and quickly got settled into a labor/delivery room in St. Anthony's family birth center.  I took to the bed with an IV and hospital gown while Patxi settled into the comfy couch.  Then we waited.  The Pitocin was put on a low dose to begin with, but not much happened. Then my doctor broke my water at 8:20 and I started to feel some regular contractions.  So we decided to get unhooked and walk the halls.  After about 20 minutes, they stopped.  I was so disappointed. 

Then, around 10:30 I got hooked up again, with the same level of pitocin, and my contractions came back.  Then, they increased, so much so that by 12:30 I was almost a 5 and getting my epidural.  I got labor shakes then, which is my body shaking as if it had the chills as a way to deal with the drastic changes in labor.  Anyway, it took some time to dull the pain, but then after a while I noticed that my lower left side was still hurting.  The nurses tried to move me around so that the medicine would flow to that area, with no success.  Soon the contractions were getting stronger and closer together and my lower left side was feeling all of it.  I asked for different pain medication, but couldn't get some because I already had an epidural.    The anesthesiologist couldn't come to give me more, or fix it because he was in surgery.  So I was stuck with feeling the pain.  Oh man, it sucked.

 Finally at 1:40, my anesthesiologist gets there and pumps me so full of meds, it only takes a few minutes to feel the affects.  Seconds after that, my nurse checks me and announces that she can't feel my cervix anymore and rushes to get the doctor in time.  The room gets very busy as I concentrate on not pushing until the doctor gets there.  Finally, we are ready and her head is already starting to come through.  After about three pushes with contractions and a little cut from the doctor, Boston is out and laying on my chest.  She surprised me because she hardly made a sound, and she was smaller than I expected.

So Boston Claire Waite was born August 11, 2010 at 1:58 pm, weighing 6 pounds, 4 ounces, measuring 19 inches in length.




10 comments:

Kylee said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and I absolutely love her name. Hope you are settling in well this precious addition to your family.

Brookie said...

Congrats! I love the name you chose.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Jessica. Congratulations!

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

So adorable! Great job! I love how the first and middle name sound together.

Audra said...

Yeah!! I've been anxiously awaiting to hear...i know you were scheduled and it sounds like it all went fairly quickly, considering...
Congrats! she's a beautiful little girl!

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Oh! I am SO happy everything worked out for the best! Looking back (and considering her size at birth) it's amazing how Heavenly Father knows exactly what He is doing! It seems to me you got sick for a reason. We love the name Claire... it was one that we were throwing around for a while with Lucy. Too cute! We hope you and your little family are doing wonderfully! Take care of yourself and that new little girl.

Debbie said...

Wow! You look great considering you just gave birth. Cute baby, cute name!! Congratulations.

gwen said...

What an adorable little girl with an adorable name! She is tiny!! I am so sad Paxi will have such a short time to be with her before he has to leave! I pray for the very best for you all!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. (Sorry to hear about the epidural weirdness... I had the same problem when I had Ainsley)

The Wright Family Est. 2006 said...

She has the same birthday as our little Nixin! Congratulations you guys!