Sunday, August 19, 2012

Boston's 2nd Birthday!

 For three different reasons I decided not to make a huge deal of Boston's birthday, which was Saturday, August 11.  The Monday before she was diagnosed with a light chase of pneumonia (she's doing great now, completely over it), plus is was just so hot since it was the start of the two-week long three-digtial heat wave that hit Keizer.  Then it was only her 2nd birthday, she wasn't going to remember much.  But I still wanted to make it fun.  For Valin's 2nd birthday I made a Lighting McQueen cake from the movie Cars.  It was very easy to decided on that, since he loved the movie and anything that had McQueen on it.  But Boston wasn't attached to anything like that.  So I decided to find pictures of cakes Boston could want and have her pick which one she liked best.  She ended up picking a princess cake, you know, one of those that has a Barbie and the cake is her dress.  After that, ironically enough, she started to request the "Beauty and the Beast" movie every time I allowed them a chance to watch a movie.  She absolutely loves it.  My decision to make a Belle cake was settled.
 
The cake as I was frosting it.

The "Belle" cake finished.

The cake looked pretty good except my writing on it.  I'm need to work on that.


I did decided to make a Birthday sign for her to greet us in the morning.  But I also surrounded it by pasting "Beauty and the Beast" coloring pages I printed off.  She loves to color.  It met its duel purposes to decorate/celebrate and entertain. 



I also got a teirra that she wore most of the day.  She was my sweet, Birthday princess!


 

Here is the video of us singing "Happy Birthday" to her.  You will hear my parents' voices.  They were so wonderful and came up to Keizer just to celebrate her birthday with us.  Thank you, Mom and Dad!!! I know Boston appreciated it!  

I think she had a great birthday and totally enjoyed herself! Another birthday a success! 

3 comments:

Sandy N said...

Jessica you did an amazing job on Bostons cake. LG 1st misses you guys! Hope things are well for you. Sandy

Brittney said...

that is so cute! love you. you look fabulous by the way :)

gwen said...

Just right for a 2-year old! The cake is adorable and so is Boston!