Thursday, October 23, 2008

Work stories

At work, we have this wonderful system that can pull up a scan image of the member’s valid ID with their account. Well, since the 13th, that system has been down. But for security reasons we are to ask for ID whenever a member receives cash. So one day this elderly man walks up to my window and asks to ask two checks. I of course ask for his ID, and he was a little miffed about it but got it out anyway. Then I look at the checks and see that it is written out to his wife. Though she signed the back, I couldn’t give the cash to him, because he’s not Kathy. So I had two choices. One, I could deposit the checks into their joint account and then withdraw it under his name. Or I could have him sign the back underneath his wife name and cash it like normal. The second seemed like the easiest and quickest thing to do, but when I asked him to sign the check he got really mad. He told me (very loudly) that all I do is hassled him every time he comes in and after he signs the back of the checks he throws the pen at me or really in my direction. I was on the brink of tears but quickly cashed his checks for him. I just wanted him out. It pretty much ruined the rest of my day until I got home to Patxi. All I need was a long hug, and everything was fine. He probably had a bad day and using a pen might her him, or something, right? Never a dull moment at the West Salem branch of MaPS Credit Union!

These are all I have now. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love christina. :)