Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My interesting experience with public bussing

I realized that I haven't posted in a while. My excuse was the fact taht nothing is happeneding, but then I found out that I was wrong. Nothing huge is happening, I'll just sure the small funny things. So on to my interesting story...

So during the weekend of the 10-12, Patxi decided that he needed to go hunting. The sad thing was that I had to work on the 11th, so I couldn’t go with him. He of course took the car which left me dependant on public transportation for Friday night and Saturday. I really hadn’t been on a public bus since I was ten and visiting Salt Lake, so I really didn’t know what to expect. I prepared myself by looking on the internet, making sure I know the routes and stops.

So Friday came and I left work and walked to the bus stop. There were some scary people so I really stayed to myself. Then I couldn’t guess if I needed to pay once I got off the bus or when I could on, so I think I didn’t pay once when I needed to. Then it took me an hour and half what normally was a fifteen minute drive. But I got home in one piece. Then on Saturday morning, even though I worked at 9:30, I had to be at the bus stop outside my house at 8:15. It of course was the one morning that it froze in Salem. Anyway, I got on the bus and we then stopped for fifteen minutes at the Transit Mall, so I, of course, rush to the bathroom. I walk pass one of the people who rode the bus with me and was heading for the sitting area as well. At first I thought that she/he (I really couldn’t tell) was talking to him/her self. Than as she continued to follow me in, I realized that he was arguing, literally arguing with herself. I heard two different voices, one smooth and natural and the other, harsh and lower pitched. It went something like this (she continued to follow me into the bathroom so I got most of the conversation) “what are we doing?” “I told you, you stupid…” (she continued with hoarse mumbling). “There’s no need to be rude.” The answer to this was very loud grumbling for which made me instantly run out of the bathroom. This scene strangely reminded me of that part in Lord of the Rings with Gollum.


She was really crazy! I was followed by a crazy lady! After that I waited outside in the cold for the bus to leave and luckily got to work on-time.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Holy crap! That is freaky.

Mrs. Romriell said...

Cities!!! What is with cities and crazies!!! Man jessy come Christmas we'll have some fun stories...that was funny in a scary freaky way