Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Am I having twins? Jerk.

Many people asked me this question while I was pregnant with Valin. I gained a total of 50 pounds (Valin was 20 of it so I could have two babies with that amount). Yes, I felt that since I was "eating for two" that it also meant eating whatever I wanted -mostly things fried and sugared. Since I didn't really see the effects of my choices until I couldn't hid behind the baby belly, it was hard to rein in my enthusiam for food. It seems like I either have to say no to all crappy food or eat it everyday. There's no such thing as my "one treat of the month" It starts to turn into my "one treat of the week" and then "of the day." Unitl it becomes a hard thing for me to only eat one treat a day. Ugh!!! I'm really having such a hard time, and I don't want to gain tons again! It was so hard to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight after Valin -which I did for like two seconds before I got pregnant agian. It's going to be even harder this time around because I'll have two kids and no husband. Ah!! I am doing better than last time, so far, but I'm teettering along the line of gaining too much. Stink! Do you have any suggestions? Any tips? More exercise is out because my bladder can't take running and last night I was feeling some contraction so I don't want to do anything too strainning. I need help!

2 comments:

Denise Wheeler said...

What about walking? You and Valin can walk together or in his soller.It's low impact. I'm starting walking in the morning and after dinner, it feels great.

PBJKLI Ussery said...

This may not seem helpful, but tell yourself everyday, "I am NOT eating for 2". It's true. That baby weighs just a tiny, tiny amount and your body will make sure that the baby gets everything it needs nutritionally, so you eat as you normally would -- not more or less -- just the same healthy amount. It's not always easy, but you have to fight the yucky cravings that come. If it means not eating the "treats" at all, then so be it. Just think of how hard you worked before and after Valin and great you felt! You deserve to STAY healthy! Stick with it! If you need a pep-talk, give me a call! love ya! hang in there