Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crazy idea, tell if you think it'll work

Ever since I found out that Patxi was going to deploy forthe Army National Gaurd, I was thinkning about using the extra time I'll have to excerise and losing (finally) the weigth I need to be healthy. I've still never reached my BMI of 110-130 pounds. And it is my goal to do so during the year Patxi is gone. But when I found out that I was pregnant and having her a month before he leaves, it made things a little bit more challenging. I really really really want to finally get fit and in shape. Sure, I'm better then I was before -30 pounds is better then 80 pounds over weight, but I'm just so close I can almost taste it! So here comes my idea: What if I blog about my experience. Yeah, kind of like "Julie and Julia." I need people to be accountable too, someone to state my goals to, and people to cheer me on, if I'm going to be successful. Plus, exercising and getting fit is something I like to do and I'll need an outlet for sharing my idea and experiences, especailly since Patxi will be gone. I just think that it'll be the extra support I need for this to work. But what do you think? Will you read and comment on it? Would it interest you that much? Or do you think that after day 248, I'll be blogging to myself. The purpose is to be accountable to someone. Will it work? Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

I would respond and cheer you on!

gwen said...

I will be on your team--having had weight issues my whole life--I still fight the battle. What a bummer that Patxi is being deployed for a whole year!! Chin up, it won't be easy!

Denise Wheeler said...

I think it is a wonderful idea! I think it can be very rewarding for you.