Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I was excited for Halloween this year because my kids were getting closer to the age where it's fun for them, plus Patxi was here.  It was going to be great.  Valin decided that he wanted to be "Woody" from Toy Story (probably with a little coercion from mom because I had no idea how to make a "Lighten McQueen" costume).  So I went to D&B planning on getting a great cowboy outfit with the same colors as "Woody" and I was sadly disappointed.  So I finally bought a tan hat from D&B, a yellow plaid shirt from Bugs and Butterflies, borrowed a red bandana from my mom, and used the boots from last year -luckily they still fit.  I bought a sherif badge, by I forgot to put it on.  Other then that, everything this was pretty good, especially since he probably won't remember it.


Then, for Boston, my mom found the cutest bumble bee costume.  She looked soooo cute!  Especially since she's starting to walk now.  It's still kind of a "Frankenstein" walk, so it made everything so much cuter. 




Pictures of them together.  I couldn't get them to look at the camera at the same time, the little stinkers!




There was a chili feed and then a trunk and treat for our ward and the other ward we share the building with.  This is Boston enjoying her chili. 


   It was a pretty fun night, even though we had just started to treat Boston's ear infection and Valin had a cough.  But that didn't even seem to phase them.  Valin was such a sweet brother because at every trunk, he would make sure Boston got some candy too.  It was so cold that I had to bundle the kids up with almost anything I could find.  I think they had about three to five layers on by the end.  We also bought way too much candy and had tons left over.  I got so sick if it, because I would eat it even if I didn't want it because it was there.  So I put the candy in bags and hid them in the car so we could give them away.

And Happy Birthday to my older sister, Jen and Grandpa Lemmond!  

No comments: