Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Morning Fun and Outfits!

As a tradition in my house growing up, we had a trail of jellybeans lead us from our rooms to our Easter baskets on Easter morning.  Sometimes my parents even dipped their fingers into flour and placed bunny paw prints on the flour.  We also hid our eggs around the house and search for them.  So, I wanted to try some of my traditions on the kids and see if they liked them.  Yesterday we colored eggs with crayons inside of dying them, something we'll have to wait to do until they're older.  It went alright.  Boston's interest lated as long as any of her other coloring experiences.  She mostly liked smashing the eggs on the table.  Valin liked the idea of coloring, but lost his desire when he smashed in two of his eggs because he pressed the crayon too hard.  So out of 6 boiled egg, only one remained whole, the one I did.  Then we filled plastic eggs with jelly beans, which I might have the easter bunny do next year.  Valin liked doing it, Boston mostly ate them.

Previous to this we watched the New bible video on the LDS.org website entitled "He is Risen" and the old 1976 tv special called, "The first Easter Bunny" on youtude.  I wanted to emphasize both parts of the holiday, secular as well as spiritual, so the kids can enjoy both.  I kind of found it hard really to explain the Easter bunny and it's connection to Jesus Christ.  Does anyone have suggestions? I've LOVE to hear them!

Here is a video I took of the kids waking up Easter morning:



Here are pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits:



Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

that was too cute! is this your new place? it looks really nice.

Unknown said...

it a lovely picture of your family.