Thursday, April 12, 2012

I love Pinterest!!!!!!

I am soooo full! Even 3 hours after dinner. It tasted so good, that I couldn't stop myself.  A few days ago, I pinned a recipe of Homemade Gyros off my friend's board.  Since I've been having a hankering for some "Ya Ya, Niki's" I decided to make it today.  It was so wonderful, I had to have two.  


We made everything homemade: The pita bread, tzatziki (the "sauce" made of yogurt, cucumbers, and garlic), beef steak, lettuce, and onions.  Well, I guess we bought the vegetables, but the beef was from a steer we butchered, and the bread was homemade.  I was so proud of myself. :) 


It was so delicious!!!!!  We had to change a few things, like in the tzatziki, it calls for non-fat yogurt, but all we had was sour cream.  It turned out great and my favorite part.



Even the kids liked it. 


Here is the link to the recipe: http://annies-eats.com/2009/06/02/chicken-gyros/

No comments: