Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A day in the adventures of Valin Kade

I thought that at the close of each day I should share something that Valin did, discovered, or learned durning that day. It'll help me remember and cherish each moment and somewhat document the milstones. Plus I can talk forever about Valin -my little bundle of energy and joy. So here I go!

Valin is starting to do this thing where he has to talk himself to sleep. I usually rock and sing to him a little and put him in his crib before he falls asleep. He use to cry a little -trying to persuade he that he wasn't tried- and then would fall a sleep shortly after. Well now I put him down and close his door and he just jabbers away. After about 10-15 minutes he's out, but it think it's so funny.

His is also going through a phase where he would rather eat food with his fingers ten times more than by a spoon feeding. I think he just wants to mush it in his fingers, show me, and then pass it through his hair. We have bathtime almost after every meal. But he has also gotten more picky than he's every been. I had to open three different baby cereal boxes this morning before I found the one he wouldn't spit out.

Then today after dinner, I gave him a bath -it was kind of a hetic dinner so I let him have half a banana to himself, which he ate the entire thing and got it all over himself, of course. I placed Valin in his baby tub -he still slips so much in the regular one- and turned around to get his towel and the next thing I know he had discovered the fun of splashing the water with his hands. I wish I could have taken a picture of the look of pure glee on his face. After I smiled, from his look and not my wet bathroom, he never stopped. I had to refill the tub twice more after that. Then, after I started to scrub him with soap, he found out how fun it was to splash the bubbles, which of course lead to eating the bubbles. I tried to stop him, but that poor kid probably drank more water (and soap) during this bath than he has his entire life. Oh, he makes me laugh!

That's it for today, I guess. If I remember anything else, I'll add it to tomorrow's post. I might have other things to do, but I'll try my hardest to write something everyday.

1 comment:

Denise Wheeler said...

Oh, Wow! I haven't looked at your blog for so long. This is so great. Thanks so much for the updates. If I remember bath time was one of you favorite times of the day, and I could never stop you from eating the bubbles either. Mother like son. You would play in the tub for hours if I would let you. I would always have to add more warm water to keep it warm for you. You sure loved your baths once you leared to play in the tub