Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving! Sorry it's so late




All that food!


My Mom always makes a stunning place setting!

Everyone except the real body of Jillian (and Mom, she's taking the picture)

The coolest thing about this Thanksgiving (besides the fun we had with Jill's picture -see two earlier posts) is that My Grandma Georgia and Bill came up to surprise us. It was so great to see them! Together we all went to see the production of "Into the Woods" my parents were in. It was great and really added to the visit. We had so much fun! Even though we missed Jill, it was a great Thanksgiving! Thanks Grandma!

For many different reasons I decided to make an Oreo Cheesecake, a surgar-free pumpkin pie, and (of course) a blackberry pie. The table spread just isn't the same without them, right? We actually didn't even get to them until hours after dinner, but I think they still were delicious!



The story behind this pie is somewhat embarassing. I like to do pretty and creative things with the air holes of my pies. So I thought that I could free-hand "Happy Thanksgiving." "Happy" went on without a hitch. Then I started "Thanksgiving" with the middle letter to make sure of my spacing. Well, after I finished the first "i" I realized that I would have to finish the word by putting "ing" underneth, which I did, and it looked fine. Then I started the "Thank" and barely squized it in. Then I notice (with a great cry) that I forgot the "h." So I placed it underneth with an editor's arrow pointing it to its place. But it turned out that when it was read, it said, "Happy Tanksgiv hing" Opps! All well, we had a nice laugh over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you use an artificial sweetener for your pumpkin pie? I've tried using it in baking before, but it never turns out right. I mean, I'm all about keeping the sugar in, but it's nice to have alternatives, right? :)

Jessica Waite said...

No, actually I used surgar-free vanilla pudding, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spices. I then brought it to boil and put it an a cooked pie crust. I tasted awesome and was totally easy!