Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Geology Trip

This last saturday and sunday my geo 203 class took a trip to the John Day Fossil beds.


These are the painted hills.


This is the blue basin or turtle cove.


This is besalt -the rock that forms from a volcanic eruption. Oregon is loaded with it!


This is more besalt.


Oh and look guys, more besalt. It was a running joke on our trip, the fact that all we saw was besalt. I think you would have to be there to think it funny :)

Anyways, I had a wonderful time. The people I went with were so much fun so it was great fun! The pictures of the fossils I found are up and coming, but they mostly consists or gastropods, a fish fin, and some plants. I was cool to climb on top of hill sides and dig for fossils. The crazy thing was that those who would just look around on the ground would find more things that those of us to put sweat and effort into. Aw, Good times! What stunk was the fact that I forgot to bring my camera so more picture will come as I get them from others.

1 comment:

The Laws said...

I love your new yellow background!! It's so bright and cheery just like you!!!