Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New adventures of WIC and OHP

Yesterday was a full day. I turned in all the paper work to apply for the Oregon Health Plan, which will take a while to process. And signed up for WIC. I had some luck because they were about to start a class when I got there so I wouldn't have to wait two weeks to get my voucures. So What I had to do was get in the system, got weighed and they took an iron count and then taught me, and others, about healthy habits to have during pregnancy. It was mostly a review because I've done some research. I did find out that lunch meat should be steaming hot before a pregnant woman eats it because there is a bacteria that could harm the baby, though not the women. I thought that was interesting. I also found out that eating smaller meals more often might help with the nausea. I'm trying it today, but I've always had a hard time with the small meal thing. It's hard to stop when I'm not full or when I make too much. Plus, I found out that I'm four pounds over the healthy weight gain, which really doesn't mean that much, but it just makes me mad because I've been trying extra hard. All well, I just need to try harder. It's complicated because your not supposed to have the goal of losing weight, but your not supposed to gain anything extra then the 25-35 normal baby-placenta-uterus pregnancy weight gain. And I'm probably care because it's my first one, but it's hard to find the perfect balance.

Anyway, enough of my fat-pregnancy complaints. We had the missionaries over last night too. It was kind of funny that we had to buy another chair just so we could all sit at the table. But we found a $3 chair at Goodwill and I can care-a-less if the chairs don't match, at least we have four now. The missionaries were really nice and we got to know a little bit about the mission we're in now, the Portland, Oregon Mission. It funny because the mission only includes half of Salem. It only includes one of the two stakes in Salem. Interesting I thought.

The job thing is going alright. Actually it's going slow. With homework, the house and other priorities to get done, it seems to have been shoved on the back burner. I know that it's wrong, but I guess I'm hesitant because I don't think anyone will hire me for the short amount of time I have because I'm pregnant. I'm probably wrong. I just got to see that and get motivated. Plus, I promised that we can't get a camera, which I really want, until at least a month after I get a job, so hopefully that will be more motivation.

I think everything is going great, but this is really all I have to up date. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Don't sweat the weight gain thing. Every person is different. Don't go crazy with eating but as long as you are eating healthy and getting some exercise in you should be just fine.

I never did the lunch meat thing. But you never know I guess.

Are You Serious! said...

We've had to do the OHP & WIC thing while Joe was in school too! It's been a HUGE blessing! :)