Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our apartment on Fisher RD and some GREAT news!

This January we are turly going to be blessed. We are moving to South Salem then to live in an apartment connected to the house of Brad and Shauna Nelson's Grandparents. They have asked us to care for them inturn for free rent, unilities (including internet!), and $400 a month. This is truly a blessing. A few months ago, I figured out that if we stayed on Fisher Rd once I have our son and stay home with him, we will somehow need to find $400 a month, just to cover basic expenses. This was factoring in if Patxi gets a part time job and we get everything we need for the baby before I quit my job. At the time, it would look like we would use our savings until the 6 weeks were up and I would have to go back to work. We both talked about it, and we (especailly me) didn't want to go back to work, but were willing to do whatever the Lord wanted. We knew that He knew what was best ten-times better then we did, so were prayed that somehow I wouldn't have to work and left it in His hands. I knew that some miracle would have to happen, like living somewhere for free. So when Bradley called me one day to tell me about his grandparents, I cried tears of gratitude. We went through a estimated budget with this new opportunity and we would be about $200 positive even if Patxi didn't get a part-time job. Truly, truly a blessing. And the crazy thing is, I think it was a blessing for Bradley's parents as well. I don't know the full story, but I don't think it was only an answer to our prayers. The Lord really works miracles! We are so blessed!

Anyway, now that we are about to move-out of our first apartment in Salem, I thought that it would be a great time to share the pictures of it, especailly since my parents and Joespeh and Ivy are the only ones who have seen it. Enjoy!


Number 24 is the top one, and this is our tree and balcone.


Our wonderfully spacious livingroom, which will change when we move to the Nelson's. The whole apartment is about 566 sq. feet, but hey-it's free!


Bathroom -way bigger than our last apartment and the Nelson's, all well.


Our bedroom. Hum...I'm seeing a pattern -alot of plaid. I must have been worried that Patxi wouldn't like floral when I picked out our stuff pre-marriage and decided that plaid was something we both could live with. I don't know if I'll stick with that.


And lastly our kicthen and dinning room, which is bigger then Eocene Courts but oddly enough smaller than at the Nelson's. We'll have a great dinning room and kicthen with wonderful cupboard space, it's just that the livingroom and bedroom are one and somewhat small. Oh but we will definately deal, it'll just be an aventure fitting everything in. We will need to be so creative, but I'm ready and willing for the challenge. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a great blessing! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay - free rent! That is such a blessing and answer to prayers. By the way, have you decided on any names for your baby?