Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A fun weekend

So Friday I rediscovered why this is the best branch at MaPS to work. The back ground went something like, two weeks ago I had tried to leave earlier Friday so we could make the 5 hour trip and get to see Tice (Patxi's little brother) play football. I was under the impression that this intern could work for me, but then on Wednesday told that she couldn't. So I was working on Friday as was previously scheduled when Jeremy, my Branch manager, comes up to me and says, "Why don't you take an half-an hour lunch and then leave at 3:00, I'll cover for you." I was estastic! Jeremy is the best and I couldn't say thank you enough. So Patxi and I ended up arriving in the second quater of Tices game and didn't miss a thing. It was great seeing him play, Patxi was so happy.

Next, Saturday was the day that I got to hang with my sisters and mother. It was grea seeing Jill, whom I hadn't seen since May. They were all excited about my prego belly, though it took Jill a little time to get use to it. Her first reaction was to poke it. Everyone else had to rub it. I felt like the Buddha and it's really not that big! It's probably because I'm he first in my family. I can't see them rubing it with number eight :)
Anyway, Saturday Mom, me, Jen, Jill, and her friend Danica went to the tri-cities to visit the temple and buy maternity pants and other things. I had a lot of fun, but my allergies went high-wire. I was sneezing up a storm. then after that we went to Taylor's Wedding which was held at a vinyard in Echo. Well, the bad thing was that it was outside and it was windy and sprinkling. Luckily we had blankets and thiere w a a huge BBQ that we stood by. I was fun to be with my sisters, laughing, joking, and sharing that time. I missed it a lot. It was fun too because Kami Richards, who I haven't see all summer came. It was great to see her.

Sunday was the day the everyone left. We had a great breakfast at Mom's and then Jen, jill, and Danica left for Utah. I went to church with Mom and dad,which was fun to see everyone again. And then we left for Salem.

Traveling has become a whole new experience now that my bladder can barely hold a 1/2cup. Instead of counting the miles for how long we have left, it's now counting to see how long I'm going to have to hold it. I feel bad for Patxi because he's not use to stopping all the time, and I'm not either.

But besdies that and my allergies, the weekend was wonderful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Are You Serious! said...

♥ Sounds like a fun weekend! :)