Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor day Weekend


Patxi and I went to Corvallis on Saturday to spend Labor day weekend with Joseph and Ivy. We also got to see Josh and Brianne (also Patxi's cousins). It was a lot of fun. Sunday all six of us had dinner and played games. Me and Patxi are on the right, Joesph and Ivy are in the middle, and Josh and Brianne are on the left.




Josh and Brianne in our challenging game of outburst.


Josh and Brianne bought a new camera which had a cool panoramic view. We had so much fun. Who know that Pictionary could be so intense. Yeah, you try to draw hiccup. That had us puzzled for minutes.

Then on Monday, Joseph, Ivy, Patxi, and I went to Newport to spend the day. It was wonderful, but would have been perfect if I didn't have to go to the bathroom all the time. I swear I have a bloater infection because I had to hold it so much. Ivy brought her camera who I will be stealing pictures from (I'll post them as soon as I can) But we had fun and the weather was more then expected. First had BBQ pork steaks on the beach then we swam in the freezing ocean, changed and did the touristy thing and walk down on the historic Newport bay front. After all that walking and noisy sea lions, we ate at Lizzy's. Patxi's only desire was to play in the tide pools of which we had not seen. Then after dinner we thought to look on a different beach. It turned out that there were tide pools, but about a mile and a half from where we parked. We found pretty shells, star fish, sea cucumbers, fish and a crab. Patxi was so cute poking, prodding, and handling whatever he could get his hands on. He had the cutest gleam in his eyes as he "played." It was wonderful to discover God's creations. I was sad to leave. Well, we got home late and very tired and I had to work the next morning. But it was a great weekend.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

fun! I don't want to be a debbie downer but I read that going in the ocean while preggo isn't the best idea because all of the bacteria. Just a thought. We are planning a trip to Washington later this month and maybe we could meet somewhere. It's probably out of the way though. We are heading to the Seattle area.

Love ya! oh and when are you finding out the flavor of the baby??

Jeanne said...

Jessica, sounds like you guys had such a fun day! I totally understand about the having to go the bathroom all the time! It seems like I go then 30 minutes later I've got to go again!

Good luck with work...we all have our rough spots, but you'll do great.

MUAH!!! Love you!!

The Laws said...

I'm glad you like your job, and we all have days like that. I know I have! Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or a girl...borrow a camera and get us some prego pictures!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Sounds like a great weekend! It's always so much fun to be with friends and family! :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you are beautiful! Hope you don't mind that I'm stalking your blog. :)