Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"(f)ish," (p)each," "doen," and the newest today, "apple"

Our little 15 month old is really starting to use some words.  For months he's been copying the sounds we make, but he is now starting to use the words by himself. Like this morning, I asked if he wanted a piece of my apple, which he repeated wonderfully.  Then, after he finished, he pointed and said, "awe-pel." I was so blown away and giddy, I almost did a touch down dance right there.

He knows what words mean.  Like when I ask him if he is finished with his green beans and he shakes his head and grabs another green bean, but we're at the stage where he needs to figure out how to use his month to correctly make the sound and then remember the sound that goes with that object and use it.  It's all very amazing to witness.  I love to see him learn and grow and this is just a wonderful stage to be in.  Oh, I am so lucky to be his mom!

1 comment:

Denise Wheeler said...

He's really a start boy! You both have been greatly blessed! He'll be talking before you know it!