Monday, May 3, 2010

It's getting better

I haven't had an emotional rain cloud since that Thursday and I feel so much better. I couldn't even blamed it on the weather because it's not that bad, besides the fact that it feels like someone's let lost the big bad wolf and he's trying to blow the whole town down. It's so strong that even I get blown over when I exercise outside. But anyway, just in case someone was wondering, I'm feeling a lot better.

One of the reasons I think I feel better is because I making better eating choices. I think that blogging about it and telling my husband about my struggles really helped. His and your comments tell me that you really care as well as give me wonderful advice. But one of the most helpful things is including my Heavenly Father. I realized that I've moved away from His spirit lately and so I've consciously strived to keep it with me moment by momnet, as well as pour my heart out to him in prayer. If anyone is most willing and able to give me the specific help I need, it's him (and my Savior). And the best thing is that really I feel it. Like today, I first of all didn't get hungry until 5:00pm (on a normal day, it around 4:00)and then I had the power to say to myself, "wait until dinner" and actually do it. Before, I couldn't (and wouldn't) do it. And then, always after dinner I feel the need for desert. I don't know why, but I want something sweet. So today like usual, I go through the options in my head but, get this, I never did anything about it. I'm even sitting here with an uneaten apple next to me. I didn't even want the few calories in an apple so I could appease my sweet tooth. Isn't that great! I totally have the Lord and your help to thank for it. So...Thank you!

3 comments:

Liji and Christina Waite said...

I'm so glad your feeling better. I hate those emotional days too!! And way to go about better eating. Miss you guys:)

Mrs. Romriell said...

jess that is great...give up the struggle to Him and he gives you such strength! You go girl...I love you Jessy...I'll call you this weekend...my txts are low.

Denise Wheeler said...

Glad to here that things are going better! Eating right really helps, I've notice it myself. Just make sure your eating enough because you want your baby and yourself to be strong and healthy.