Friday, June 18, 2010

8 more weeks

So I am officially 32 weeks along and the strangest thing happened this morning.  I was finishing my bowl of cereal (when I mean "I," I'm really mean Valin and I) when all of a sudden I started to get sharp pains from the general area of my lower abs.  I first thought that I could be gas, fighting its way out, but then it didn't let up and started to cover my whole stomach.  They were sharp enough, that I had to remind myself to breathe.  So, I decided to lay down on the couch and see if they (thinking that they might be contractions) would go away.  They had a wave effect, like real contractions do, but they were very sporadic, with no recognizable pattern at all.  After about 15 minutes (from the first pain) they slowed down and stopped.  I stayed on the couch for an hour and when I got up, though my stomach was a little tired, I felt fine.  I walk around with Valin outside, and did the normal things a stay-home mother does and felt okay.  Then Patxi and I thought it would be fun to walk to Dmitri's house with Valin in his stroller.  After a while the sharp pains came back, especially while we walked up the hill.  So when we got to his house, Patxi sat me inside a wheelbarrow and I rested.  It seems as soon as I would sit down, the pains went away.  So after 20 minutes, we went a shorter way home and up hill again.  I sat down and fed Valin his lunch without any pain and I haven't felt it since. 

So from this I've concluded that I'm just experiencing Bracken Hicks and should take the time to sit down whenever they come.  I didn't really get them until I was 39 weeks with Valin so that's why it took me a while to figure it out.  The crazy thing was that I was sitting, eating breakfast when they first came, I wasn't doing anything stressful or demanding on my body.  Well, I guess that's just Bracken Hicks, coming solely for the purpose of prepping your body.  I just might have to take things a little slower for at least the next 4 weeks.  We would like to have her early, because Patxi is leaving 3 days after my due date, but not too early that she might not be healthy and fully developed.  But I feel that if I just take it easy for a while, everything will be fine.  I have an OB appointment on Tuesday and will talk to my doctor about his opinion then.  But I feel fine what everything.  If the pains get anywhere close to consistent, I plan to go to the hospital, but I'll just take it easy until then.

No comments: