Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A quick little post

I know it's been a while since I posted so I'll do a quick update.  Everything in going great as I near my 30 week marker.  I am way excited to have our baby girl join our family.  I'm excited and sad at the same time because as soon as I hold her in my arms, it seems, Patxi will deploy.  So I'm excited and yet dreading the blessed moment.  But I have faith that the Lord must have known what he was doing, so...I'll leave it as that.

Anyway, the rest of May flew by and ended with a crazy weekend with my family.  Jen and Nick came up from Utah which had us all excited.  But then my mother check into the emergency room on Saturday because of stomach pain.  After 12 hours, they finally decided that she had appendicitis and removed it in the morning.  We were all very sad, but happy to know the cause of the pain.  So we spent the rest of the weekend in and out of her hospital room.  It was still a great weekend and she is on the mend.  Keep her in your prayers, though.

Valin's got another ear infection.  I think it was my fault because we washed the car together on a breezy day.  So right now we are dealing with his sickness.  He has also started to throw fits and literally squeals like a pig if he doesn't get his way.  We have been saying "no" more often and now it's his automatic answer to every question.  He is still all smiles with hilarious facial expression, but he is just moving into a different stage (I guess...I'm figuring this out as we go along). But I think the key is to be consistent, because it's hard to learn the outcome of an action if the outcome always changes.  Plus, I need not be lazy.  It's easier just to give him what he wants to stop the crying then it is to say no and remove him from the spot or show him what is right.  It's easy to do my own thing and not spend the time to interact and give positive attention. It's hard to make him learn to be patient and not laugh at his silly fits.  But I know that if I just stick to it, he'll learn and be the kind of person his Heavenly Father wants him to be.  I think that it is easier to do things my own way, according to my own philosophy.  But it is the best way to seek and receive inspiration from the One who loves him more then I do (hard to even imagine).  For He knows truly what is best for him, not me. I just need to remember this.  Not an easy thing to do.    

1 comment:

Mrs. Romriell said...

Jess, you are a great mom! I love you and can wait to see the awesome little man Valin will become...remember children learn from examples, and you and your hubby are some of the best! Sure love ya!