Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yup, that's a 4 & 1/2 year old cake

My mom, for some reason, decided to stick true to that tradition of freezing a piece of the wedding cake so that the couple can eat it on their first anniversary.  The idea totally disgusted Patxi, so we never got around to it.  Every now and then my mother would remind us of what was in her freezer, but somehow, the four plus years passed.  Finally, this last memorial day weekend, my mother put her foot down.  So, as the good pacifist that I am, I decided to eat it and finally be done with it.

here is the proof:




I really don't know what the fuss was about, it actually tasted just like cake.  I didn't even get a tummy ache or anything.  Silly Patxi.

1 comment:

kc and k said...

Four and a half years--that's so funny that you ate it! I've always wondered what those cakes tasted like after so long in the freezer.