Monday, June 30, 2008

I smell...

Being pregnant has change my world into one defined by smells. My sensitivity to smells has sky-rocketed so much. I practically smell Patxi burp before it leaves his mouth. And I can barley cook because smells that didn't bother me before now make me sick. I'm so hyper-sensitive that half of the reasons why I feel sick, is because I smelt something I didn't like. This is so weird!

Yes, and I've been extra emotional lately too. the other day, I started to cry while watching the beginning part of "The Mask of Zorro." It wasn't sad at all. Then yesterday, Patxi and I returned to Salem to 87 degree plus humidity weather and I was so cranky I even surprised myself. But hopefully I know now what makes me cranky and can try to control it.

Today was Patxi first day of College and he was so cute. Last night, he was the one who tossed and turned. He could not get to sleep, but I was willing to help because there was a lot of cuddling. Then this morning he was up by 6:00 even though he didn't have to be at school until 8:00. You should have seen his smiling face as he put on his backpack and asked in a mock-kids voice, "Can I bring cookies to school today?" I hope everything goes well. He has two 2 hour classes today (because they only meet two days a week) so I hope that he doesn't get bored. But I'm sure he's going to love it and do wonderfully.

For me school is just going. Doing distance ed. is harder for me because it's unstructured time. So I guess I just have to make it structured and set aside blocks of "class time" as if I was physically there in a classroom. I think that that will work. The other thing on my plate now is finding a job. Right now I'm at the "searching for openings" part of the process, but soon I hope to be applying to those openings. Of course I'll up date you when that happens.

2 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Good luck with the job search! I always hated the job search/interview process! :)

Brittney said...

Oh you better buckle up because the cranky side is just starting to come through. You shall see..muhahahahahahahahahahahah. Tell Patxi that I say good luck ;)