Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm a little ashamed to admitt it, but...


I think that I've gotten a little obsessed over Shephenie Meyer's books. Brittney gave me the first one on Monday and I just had to buy and read the next two. I don't think that I've ever read 1690 pages in less than a week before.

I blame it on the fact that I'm without Patxi, alone in Salem, having to organize the house and look for "now hiring" signs. It was easy to say to myself, "just one more chapter."

Even though they are a bit obvious at times, I think her characters were the greatest for me. There were times that the main character, Bella, would say things that I could relate to. It was kind of crazy. And I'm a little embarrassed to say, but Patxi reminds me of Edward, well at least the way Bella sees him. I really don't think of him as a vampire but he's strong, protective, amazingly good-looking, and way too good for me. But enough about my wonderful husband, I'm sure you don't want to hear how much I adore him.

I guess I'm just saying, if you have the time (time when it's okay to to get "involved" in a book), check out her books. They're a blast. I can't wait for her fourth and final book of the series coming out this August. I want to know what happens!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm doing the, I got you hooked dance! Miss yer face!

The Laws said...

I love her books! I'm very sad she's stopping at four, it's one of those series you want to go one forever!

Jessica Waite said...

I was thinking the very same thing Jamie. And Brittney, you're right. I'm half planning on never giving Twilight back to you. But of course I will. You were just lucky that you gave me the books when I actually had the time to get seriously hooked. Jill and my other sisters-in-laws tried before you.

The Laws said...

Holy cow!!! Congratulations, I just saw this while I'm at work and I had to stop myself from screaming and jumping up and down!! YEAH!!! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!!! and I get to be the first to comment!!! YAHOO!!!

Brittney said...

I totally agree about reading them over again. I've done it twice now. I'll probably do it again before the book comes out :) You better give that back!

I felt the same way about raw meat too. It made me gag. I couldn't cut raw chicken because of the smell.

Brittney said...

I see that you've announced the big news! What happened to waiting until you were further along ;)