Friday, July 9, 2010

5 weeks to go!

Well, actually since were "planning" on having her two weeks early (keep your fingers crossed and prayers said!), I really only have three weeks.  Huh, wow...that's really not that much time.  Good! I'm ready.  All I need is my nursing covers I ordered yesterday and I'm pretty much prepared.  I already laundered her clothes (the cute and copious amount from Brittney) and placed them into her drawers.  We have the car seat, crib, other clothes, nursing pads, some diapers...we might need blankets (girly ones for her)-but really with this hot 97 degree weather, i don't know if we'll be swaddling her.  Then again, it might be good to be prepared and have that option.  I really don't remember what else I needed with Valin, we were so blessed my others who bought most of our stuff that I don't think we had to do mad rushes to the store.  Oh, I will need to get some "Lansinoh Lanolin," the nursing cream.  I think I'll make a list of things to get.  I don't know if anyone is throwing a baby shower.  I haven't heard of anything yet, but I do still have some time or it could happen after she comes too.

Anyway, please excuse the above chatter of my ramblings.  This week went a lot smoother, mostly because Patxi was here, so I had my sunshine with me.  Plus, Valin's ear infection is getting better -almost totally cleared up (besides that sinkin liquid that doesn't seemed to ever leave), which meant that he was much more patient and playful.  The only downside to this week was the hot weather, 90s and above!  This is the first time I've really had to battle with my hands and feet swelling to an almost painful degree.  The last month with Valin was terrible, and this is close to it.  At night, I put a fan on just my feet.  But I am totally blessed in the fact that this is the first hot spell we've had all summer -we're already halfway through July.  It's been rainy and cold until the last two weeks, so I've been really lucky.  Plus, we have a basement here.  I hind out during Valin's nap, which is in the hottest part of the day, so I beat the heat pretty well.  So, all in all, I'm really blessed.  So I'm really just waiting, and trying to prep for a new baby as much as possible while keeping cool.  I hope everyone is doing great and beating the heat as well. 

Oh, and case anyone is wondering, we haven't decided on a name yet.  With Valin it took forever for us to even decided on possible canidates.  And then we didn't even choose until he arrived.  So we'll probably pick out a few that we like and then decided when we meet her.  Oh, and I think we'll plan on having her baby blessing in Pilot Rock, the Sunday before Patxi leaves for his three week training, so that's the 15th of August (sacrament meeting starts at 9:00 am).  Unless she hasn't arrived by then, of course. We hope she will, so plan on that for now. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

we don't have any plans for August...so let me know for sure when you're headed this way!! Pass that on to your sisters and parents as well!

jenandnickromriell said...

I have to say I love your new background...and Jess you are the best at commenting on my blog-thank you a thousand times for that. We have only one thing in August...the Hatch reunion, the 12-15. So...How many miles is Morgan Utah to where you are?

Just me said...

Yay! I'm done with classes and finals by the 12th, so the 15th will work just splendidly! Assuming, of course, the bundle of joy has arrived by then. :)

PBJKLI Ussery said...

SOOOOO exciting!!! We're thinking of you! Be strong! Do you need anything? I tried to go through your "rambling" (of which I do plenty myself, so don't worry) and was at a loss by the end. So just tell me directly what you are still in need of and maybe I can help you out!

We love you guys!!

Denise Wheeler said...

We won't miss this one! Have Jill or ask her to take the weekend end off just in case. You know you could have the Dr. start you early since Patxi is leaving. Have you talked to him about the possiality?