Thursday, July 1, 2010

Something that I needed to hear

I was preparing to teach July's new song in primary and I was browsing the helpful website, http://www.sugardoddle.net/ and there was a post that linked me to this video by Jeffery R. Holland. (if the screen isn't wide enough, like half it cut off, you can click on the video and it will bring you to the orginal youtude page)



I couldn't make it through without crying.  The women seemed to be portraying my life, and I recognized how hard it is being a mother.  But I really didn't start bawling until Elder Holland said that we are doing the Lord's work, especially when it's hard.  The spirit bore testimony to me, that what he said was right.  I felt so comforted, especially since Patxi's deployment has been weighing heavier on my mind, especially since we're getting a daugther in less than 7 weeks.  Every now and then you need to hear that what you are stressing, worrying, and working yourself out for is worth it.  And not only that, but that Heavenly Father wants to help.  That had been on my mind as well, and I know that his help is there, if I'm just humble enough to take it.

So thank you to whoever made this video and to Elder Holland! This was something that I really needed to hear.  I hope that it will help you too.

2 comments:

Denise Wheeler said...

Thank you for sharing Elder Holland talk. I couldn't make it through without crying either. It made me wish and long for the time when you were all little again There were some challenging times, but also the most rewarding of my life! You girls have blessed my life so much!As i have watch you grow I have seen the hand of the Lord in your lives. You have done much good and will continue to do so. You have become a ture handmaiden of the Lord. The Lord will give you strength and comfort when you need it most, because you are full filling your true role in life. I love you jessy,jen and jillian so much! And I so proud of each of you! May the Lord continue bless you in all that you do!

Gail said...

Thank you Jessica - I needed to hear that, been a little depressed that I'm not doing what I need to for Alana - I ALWAYS feel like I'm telling her NO lately! It can be so hard at times, I know that the Lord is with me, I think I just need a reminder some days :)