Thursday, July 29, 2010

"You're like a one"

So I just had my doctor's appointment.  He checked my cervix today to determine how close I was to going into labor so we could then decided when it would be best to schedule my induction.  Since I'm "like a 1" (1 centimeter in dilation of my cervix -10 is full dilation) and therefore far from labor, he said that it won't be a good idea to induce on the 4th, which is what I was hoping for.  But he said that he'll check me again on Monday (the 2nd) and if I've progressed to a 3 or 4 then he will strip my membranes and "sneak" me in on the 4th.  He has a problem with the 4th since I'm not close to labor because it's just a little too early (my due date is the 13th).  The next day that he can induce me is the 11th, which I have reserved now.  So if it comes to being induced, Patxi will have 5 days with his daughter before he leaves.  Sad story.  But at least he'll be there for the birth and to bless her in the 15th. But please, please, please pray for me to go into labor before then!

2 comments:

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Bummer news... a few quick tidbits... though I hate to sound like one of those know-it-alls and say things to contradict your dr... just FYI... you are 1 cm, not 1 inch... can you just imagine how INCHES would be??! Also... how close was Valin to his due date? One week early should be no big deal unless you have a baby measuring extremely small and/or had issues with the weight/development of the last baby/delivery. If not, you have everything going for you. It sounds like you and baby have been measuring right on target and it's a girl, so that's a HUGE plus because females' lungs develop sooner/faster than little boys'. Obviously, you can't make your dr. do anything he doesn't feel comfortable with, but don't let him make you think (unless you had past issues or this baby is small) that it will somehow be a negative thing to induce you only 1 week early. Lucy was induced almost 3 weeks early (granted I apparently have large babies) and she was & is perfect. Everyone is different, but know your history and your body so that when you're talking with your dr. you can really self-advocate. Don't let them talk you in or out of something you're uncomfortable with. Looking back, I think my dr. did that with Kate's pregnancy... I was miserable... look what happened! The girl was way bigger than what my body could handle and put us both at risk. Dr's are great resources, but don't be afraid to self-advocate! Hang in there! If you want to chat or vent or whatever, call anytime! Good luck with everything!! Love you!

Mrs. Romriell said...

I m praying for labor pains Jess! All of them sent your way and FAST!