Monday, July 26, 2010

Two more weeks...well two/ three -ish

(Let me explain the post tittle: Since my doctor agreed to a week early inducement, I have two weeks left.  But I have three if we're counting to my actually due date.  From here on out, I'm going to be counting down to my inducement date.  Sorry for the possible confusion.  Anyway...)
Sorry that I didn't post last Friday like I promised, but here is goes:

So, for an update, everything is going great.  She's moving around like normal and her heart beat sounds good.  On the 30th, my doctor will check my cervix and schedule my induction (or is it inducement?).  But since I'm 37 weeks now, I'm trying to get into labor on my own.  I went walking this morning, 2 miles in 33 minutes with wrist and ankle weights on.  I've been having contractions off and on all day today, so hopefully something will happen.  But every contraction, I know, will help ripen my cervix, so it's not a waste if I don't go immediately.  Patxi and I have been having a lot of "honeymoon" time, which has been giving me contractions as well.  But if there is anything else we could do that might finally kick my body into labor, please share! We want Patxi to have as much time with his daughter as possible.  I've heard of raspberry tea and Castro oil, but I think the oil will be a last resort.    

My baby shower, that my mom threw for me last Friday, went very well.  I had a great time and got everything I wanted/needed and a few needed laughs.  Thanks to all who went.  I felt so special and loved.  Thanks!

Valin's communication skills have greatly improved.  He will actually say, "yes" and "no" and actually mean it.  His "yes" is cute because he lifts his eyesbrows, nods his head, and says, "ah, ha."  Then he can say, "och," "hot," and "ah, oh" meaning the actual things.  He can identifies cars, dogs, chickens, cats, peaches, juice, fishes, applesauce, pretzels, crackers and much more all by name.  He says, "mor" when he wants more.  And though he doesn't pronounce the "ll" of "balloon" (he calls them "boons") he knows and points to them in his books.  He is still the smiling boy we've been blessed with, but parenting has been becoming more of a challenge since he is getting older.  Along with this communication skills, his will and determination to use his agency is increasing as well.  The age of blind obedience is gone.  He also has a problem with hitting, not knowing that it hurts and the difference between hitting things verses people.  I know that it'll just take time and consistency, but this is the frustrating part of parenting.  But everything else is going great, so I have no complaints.

Hope everyone is staying cool and having a great summer!

4 comments:

Audra said...

Good luck with these last few weeks. I hope you can go it on your own...getting induced isn't always fun, although my sisters have really good luck with it. Our kids had trouble with hitting at that same age...good luck....it's hard to be patient with your little ones when your tired to the bone with pregnancy...

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Good luck Jessica! We'll be praying for you! That's so cute that Valin is saying so much. I wish I could hear him!

Denise Wheeler said...

What ever you do, don't take castro oil. It helps because it make you sick and you start throwing up, which can start contraction. But then sometime it doesn't, it just makes you sick. I've never done it but I've seen others and the results haven't always been pleasant!

Mrs. Romriell said...

I am always so impress with you Jess, 2 miles in half an hour WITH weighs! Yep You're amazing!!!