Friday, January 23, 2009

A circuit breaker, un-cooked pudding, and disappointment

So today was an interesting day. It started with a little disappiontment. Even after walking two miles, I'm still only having contractions once every hour(ish). I was totally hoping that the only way was to progress towards labor, but I was disappointed.

Then, this morning Wanda (who Patxi and I look after along with her husband, Merle)asked me to make a dessert because she wasn't feeling well and they had company coming over for lunch. She pulled a recipe out of an old book and the title was "Mystery Pudding." I've never made a pudding before, I don't even think I know what it was susposed to look like. Needless to say, I was determined to stay strickly close to the recipe. I read it a few times and saw that it required eggs but there weren't any instructions to cook it, nothing. I double checked, tripled-checked and even turn the page, hoping it would be there. So I asked Wanda, but now I don't think she really knew what I was talking about. Anyway, she told me to just follow that recipe. And about the eggs, there was a part in recipe that called for something boiling being poured over the batter and I thought that it might cook it. So I made it, following the recipe strictly. So I served it, apologizing before hand because I still had a bad feeling. Wanda eat it and I tried it, and yes it tasted like cake batter. Wanda then said that it was susposed to be a cake and through gusts of laughter (thankfully) I brought the recipe and showed her that there weren't any instructions to cook. She apologized because she was the one who typed up recipe. So I took the bowls back and put the pudding in the oven (I still had to guess what tempture and time). Luckily Wanda and Merle's company were wonderful about it and we all had a great laugh about it. I still felt like an incompatant imbecil, but everyone was really good natured about it and they forgave me.

Then, after that, I was vacuuming my apartment while they were talking in their living room. I was running the vacuum on the same plug as the small heater, so after some time, I blew the circuit. Then when I switched the circuit, I wasn't tall enough so I use the broom handle. But unknown to me I also switched the their living room circuit so all of a sudden, their TV turned on- blaring. I'm just glad that Merle didn't have a heart attack. It took a little to settle things down and explain what happened, but we figured everything out. It was kind of funny, but I just had to add it to my imcompetent actions for today.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That's hilarious about the pudding. I would have just eaten the batter and enjoyed it :P

Mrs. Romriell said...

You crack me up Jessy!! What would I do without your writing skills to humor my funny bones!! These stories you can tell forever, because it's funny as the first time it happened. I love ya!!