Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My tummy's Alive! and an Up-date



I hope this works. I've been having trouble with it here and on google. If it doesn't work, I'll just post it anyway, and put the video on later. Anyway, so I decided that I need to get a shot of the greatest part about being pregnant: their movment. Since he's bigger now, he's movement has been more pronounced, more like him scrapping his arm across my stomach verse a couple kicks here and there. The problem is that somehow he must have known what I was up to, and like he's father, would tease me by doing nothing. I sat for what seemed like hours trying to get him to move on camera. So, this video is the best of what I got and only a mere glimpe of how realy active my jumping-bean son is inside me. I also wanted to share this with my friends and family who I don't see very often but love deeply. I hope you feel some way apart of this joyous and special time for me.

I guess I should take the time to up-date you on how things are going, since I'm due next Friday. I'm feeling fine, I guess. I've actually been having some contractions, which is good because, besides his almost constant movements, I haven't felt much by way of Barken-kicks. I've learned lately that a true contraction is a tightening of all the utrus wall/muscles (my whole stomach) and I should be able to feel the tension with my hand if I would poke it. Before, I just thought that it was like bad cramps, so when I would have gas problems, I thought I was having a contraction. Now I know a little bit more of what I'm looking for, so that's good. Anyway, like I said, I've had a few (about three yesterday and five already today) but nothing regular, so I must be getting "close" but I'm not laboring yet. Other than that, that's all I know right now. I'll be 38 weeks and 6 days at my appointment on Thurdays so they'll check my dialation and whether or not he's dropped. So I'm post when I get that infomation in two days.

Around mid-December I started to have a real problem with my feet and hands swelling. It started happening only after I would stand or sit for a long time. Then, after Christmas, I would wake up so uncomfortably swollen and would remain for many hours after that. A few times it got so bad that it woke me up. For those who haven't felt it, it's like when they take your blood pressure. It's the feeling in your lower arm and hand when the strap is fully contracted. I hate that feeling and would get it after sleeping, and if I sat or stood for too long. But lately, I found someways to combat it. Drinking tons of water helps. I walk a mile a day, so getting the blood to cirulate helps. I've needed to takes rests every now and then. And also putting my feet up when I sit down helps alot. Oh, when we drove home for drill on the 11th I had the worst swelling in my feet and legs. It almost made my cry. And I pretty much wear my wedding rings on a necklace everyone day now, just incase I swell up sometime during the day. It's been hard in the temple and at church with all that sitting, but like my Relief Society President said, this is the time that I'm earning my baby.

And yes, I'm also nesting too. Well, according to it being defined as a strong feeling to prepare the house for the new baby -which usually means alot of cleaning. As you could probably guess from my last post about the vacuum, I have been feeling the need to have my house clean. And today I totally felt the need to do landry, almost a want to do landry. Weired, huh! First I thought that I must be crazy and then remembered that yesterday I had done three loads of my son's landry (becuase I was told to wash them before he wears them). I loved folding his little sleepers and oneises knowing that soon, I'll have a baby that will fit in them. So today, that want was totally nesting. Plus, now that I'm not working, I feel like I have more time to keep up on my house and have it as clean as I want it. I love that feeling when I look around and everything is in its place. It was hard back in December before and after we moved because our apartments were messes. But now I can indulge in this need to have things clean and be ready for my new baby to arrive.

Now all I have to do is wait. Argh! I've come to the realization that since he is my first that he's going to come either late or, if I'm lucky, on time. I've accepted that he won't come early, no matter how much I want and will him to do so (which is probably why I haven't asked for my dialation to be checked before this week). Maybe if I accept this, then I won't go crazy with the waiting and even be pleasantly surprise if I'm wrong. That's the theory anyway, but I am getting pretty impatient now, but not close to crazy annoyed yet, so it must be working :)

Anyway, this is pregnancy up-date in a nutshell (though a pretty large one). I hope you've enjoy it! And don't worry, I'll post when I've got more news.

4 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I never had braxton hicks at all. It was all at once for me! It's crazy how different pregnancies can be! I always loved getting the baby clothes out. :)

Just me said...

YAY!!!

Brittney said...

It's about time! Contractions are pretty much really tight tummy with pressure down in the area :P

I'm so excited to see pictures of your little man!

Love ya!

Kylee said...

I didn't have braxton hicks either. I was resigned to the fact that he was going to come late because my mom was late with all four of us. But, Greg came two days early. So it could happen! Hang in there!