Friday, January 9, 2009

Our new apartment!

The Nelsons have been great. I've been taking care of them, or really their house, for about a week now. All it has consisted of is deep cleaning, cooking, and giving Wanda her night pills. They are truly a delight and it's going to be easy to love them. There will be more as we both become more use to one another.

This week I also got to organize and make the apartment our home. I really like that part of it, even though it's very time and energy consuming. Patxi and I also took great pride in making the small space functional and in getting all of our stuff in there in an organized manner. So we've sectioned it off by using our furniture and other things, and we think we are quite brillant. Well, I'll let the pictures speak :)

This is our kicthen, with tons of cupboard space.


Our dinning room and side enterance (enterance guests use).


These are the French doors that led to the rest of the studio apartment.


This is our living room.


Our office:


This is our son's nursery. We still are planning on getting a dresser to put across from the crib. After that his "room" will be complete.


This is our library. (It stand in front of a non-working fireplace.)


And, of course, our bedroom. Note how an naturally high the bed is. Well the box spring and matress is on the murphy bed frame so it's a little bit higher than my waist. Yup, Patxi laughs a bit as he watches this 8 month pregnant lady try to get into bed.


And this is our tiny bathroom. But really, who need much floor in a bathroom. This one has all the storage to make up for it.

Along with it's beautiful decore:


These pictures really don't do our awesome apartment justice. I think I'll give you a video tour when we get back from drill this weekend. I was also thinking about painting the walls because I don't know how long I can handle the pink-sponged affect. Any suggestions?

No comments: