Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby shower in Salem!

Yup, my old ward (Jan Ree) gave me a baby shower yesterday. I had so much fun. But mostly I was just so surprised at fact that so many people cared about me. Jana Kemble (co-hosted the shower, along with Sunshine Hewelle and Jessica Holt) said that she mailed out about 25 invitations and that that's about how many people showed up. The food was beautiful ( I wish that I hadn't forgotten my camera or you could see how awesome it was!) and it was more like an open house, like my last one.

One the thing that really made the difference is the fact that Jana asked me to do a baby registery at Target and the Baby Depot of Burlington Coat Factory. After my last baby shower I got more of a glimpse into what I might need, so I mostly registered for that. And I got most of what I wanted! It was amazing! I know that I would need a bathing tub, because our sink here is barely big enough to wash a cookie sheet, let alone my baby. And yesterday I got it, along with other practical things I need like pacifiers, diappers, and nursing pads. I was so amazed and grateful. But the craziest gift I got last night was a crib. Yea, that's right, the Kemble family bought us one of the cribs I registered for. It is totally perfect, and wonderful, shocking, and un-believable! I almost cried (which, even if I'm pregnant, takes a lot for me to do while people are watching). Words really can't express how gratful we are! Thanks Kembles!

I am overwhelmingly grateful for the generosity of those who came last night! I am so so so so grateful! The Lord has blessed us so much through you guys and I and just amazed at your love for us and Him. Thanks agian everyone.

2 comments:

The Laws said...

Hey...sorry we couldn't make it to LaGrande...I was too chicken to brave the roads, and had to work...are you registered somewhere?

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a wonderful ward! Are you getting excited less than a month away??? :)