Friday, January 9, 2009

The crib from the Kembles

Wednesday the Kembles brought over the crib and I had to do everything I could not to open it before Patxi got home. I guess I was under the impression that he would love to do the honnors of putting it together, hah. Anyway, once he got home, I got the okay ;) to open it and start assembling, while Patxi looked on from his pile of homework. I got everyting unwrapped and started to assemble when Patxi noticed a huge gouge in one of the railings. I looked at it, and it seemed like something no mere stepping or slight dropping would do, so I didn't think that it was something the Kembles or I did. I was so dissapointed and I still had the overwhelming urge to put it together anyway just so I could see it. But Patxi and I decided that we'd better get it replaced. Sadly, it was too late to call anyone, so I had to wait until the morning. But I did get to assemble the drawer that goes underneath. That at least made me happy.

So bright and early thursday morning I tried to call the manufacturers in New York to get our part replaced, but couldn't get a hold of them (surprise!). So then I call Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot department, which is where Jana bought it, and asked them what they could do. They were so awesome. All we had to do was bring the part in and they would open another box to replace it or order a new one. So Thursday night Patxi and I got a replacment and I spent the rest of the night putting it together. And here are pictures of my handy-work! I'm so excited to actually place our son (and other future children)in here. Thanks again, Kembles!




We didn't get a crib bed set from the baby showers. Do you really need one? He really shouldn't sleep with tons of blankets and things and he'll probably end up pooping on it anyway, right? But, I don't know, should I get a set, and does he need it?

2 comments:

Brittney said...

you really don't need bedding. It looks awesome :)

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Hey! You look great! Do I dare ask... how are you feeling... I know, pregnant and anxious and so many other things, right? That's about right. With regard to the bedding... you don't NEED bedding, but I would suggest a bumper in the least. At first, your baby won't be mobile at all, so it won't make a difference, but by about 3-4 months, be sure to have a crib bumper in there so the little guy doesn't bump his head. That gives you a few months to find something. Jackson's bedding came from my aunt, but I bought Kate's at Target on clearance. Just watch for sales. Don't shop at Babies R Us for it... too expensive. Target or Walmart are great for cute, but inexpensive bedding. And don't settle... you have a few months still, so if you don't find what you like, don't waste your money. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you too and see what I can come up with. Good luck with everything... you guys are going to be great!

Love, Brooklynn
p.s. when do we find out the child's name? I'm beyond anxious to find out what you were able to come up with... with all of Patxi's stipulations and rules.