Wednesday, January 28, 2009

False Labor is the root of all Evil!

So, I've been anxious for get this show on the road ever since Thursday when I found out how far along I was. I was starting to believe that I could "go at any time." But it wasn't until Sunday after church that I started to think that having this baby was a very close possiblity. Sunday, I passed my mucus plug (sorry if this is too much information). Yeah, so I thought, "flip! it's happening." But nothing! I probably got about 10 contractions within the last 4 hours before I went to bed that night.

When I woke up Monday morning, everything was as it was before, no pain, nothing. So I went for my regular walk, and also decided to walk Merle's dog (which didn't even last 10 minutes). Since it was such a good day, Patxi and I then went to the park to venture around and see how good it was. About half way through our adventure through Bush Park, I started feeling contractions and continued to until we got home. I didn't get my hopes up yet because I new that walking would just bring them on, but if it was real labor, once I sat down, they wouldn't go away. So when we got back, the contractions really slacken. And then it wasn't until about 7:00 until I started to get them regularly about 20 minutes apart. I was excited to go to bed, knowing that if this was real labor, I would continue to feel it through the night as it got stronger and longer. To my disapiontment, I had a wonder night's sleep, and woke up with a totally pain-free uterus. Ah!

So (now we're on to Tuesday morning) since it was rainning, I went later for my usual walk, but had some contraction before, while I was cleaning. They didn't seem regular, but I was having them before my walk. So I get back from my walk, which of course I felt contractions and practiced timing them. I plopped down with a book, seeing if and hoping that the contractions will continue, and they did, but slowed down. Then around 6:00 I started feeling them pretty regularly and at 8:00 I decided to write down the times they came to see just how regular they are. And for the next 2 and 1/2 half hours they were a steady 15 minutes apart. I would literally be able to set my clock to how regular they were. Then, by the time I got ready for bed, and the lights went out, they slowed to a stop. Ahhhhh! So frustrating! I woke up maybe three times, feeling contractions, but that's it! Ah!!! I Hate False Labor!!! Why does my uterus have to play games with me?! I'm afraid to go to bed now, because it seems that every time I even think about going to bed, my contractions stop. Ahhh, what a frustrating world!

It wouldn't be as bad, if I was the only one who would get their hopes up and have them come crashing down again. I feel so bad for Patxi. This morning in bed he turned to me and said, "Can you please have you baby so I could get some sleep?" (Which is kind of funny because once our son does come, sleep is one of the things we won't be getting.) This just shows how anxious he is, and I hate to see him suffering disappointment too.

I guess this is just what comes with the "having the first" territory because neither of us know what to expect. I'm sure we'll live through it, though. Hey, I still have Thursday and Friday, right? Wish us luck and keep us in your prayer.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Although you are frustrated, I'm totally excited for you! Just wait, by your fourth, your husband will ask if you can wait until after the movie. True story, I started labor, and we were watching a movie as a family, nobody took me seriously, so I decided to do the dishes and a load of laundry until it was really time to go to the hospital. It was just a little less exciting for everyone I guess. I hope all goes well for you though, when it truly happens you'll forget all the frustrating nights you went through.

Beck said...

Don't worry, it'll happen soon! The more this happens, the closer it's getting. Trust me. :)

Brianne said...

Dang it woman, have your baby! Josh and I aren't far so we can come visit you in the hospital. It's so exciting!